About the job
This team member will provide tactical buying support and ensure compliance with purchasing policies and procedures. The Packaging Buyer will assemble and disseminate formal bid packages for supplies maintained in inventory.
What you will be doing
- Review MRP system in releasing and issuing planned purchase orders, review for specification accuracy and quality standards.
- Coordinate activities and general compliance with various suppliers as needed to establish effective and profitable business relations.
- Negotiate with suppliers and service providers seeking cost reductions, volume discounts and improved payment terms.
- Maintain purchase orders, execute reschedules, cancellation messages with suppliers, and communicate other needs to assure on-time delivery.
- Coordinate all purchase order level activities in regards to assigned commodity.
- Communicate and resolve quality and/or technical issues with suppliers.
- Maintain, report and update internal RTV’s and Alerts as needed.
- Resolve shipping and invoicing discrepancies.
- Conduct and maintain Supplier Management Program with respective suppliers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and experience we would like to see
5 + years experience of progressively responsible procurement in the area of primary and secondary packaging.
- CPM or APICS Certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of standard office practices and procedures; basic bookkeeping and records management; technical writing techniques; and Microsoft Office programs.
- Working knowledge of various procurement processes and procedures.
- Skilled in effective negotiating and creative problem-solving.
- Ability to perform complex record keeping functions.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Able to forward plan (forecast) and develop required vendor management reports.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with managers, executives, suppliers, co-workers, and the general public.
- A.P.P, C.P.M, C.P.S.M.,CPIM or CRIM a plus.
- Ability to travel to suppliers, tradeshows and other Modere sponsored events.
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?